Develops instructional material, coordinates educational content, and incorporates current technology in specialized fields that provide guidelines to educators and instructors for developing curricula and conducting courses.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Administration and Administrative Support pathway.
A person in this career:
- Plans and conducts teacher training programs and conferences dealing with new classroom procedures, instructional materials and equipment, and teaching aids.
- Observes work of teaching staff to evaluate performance and to recommend changes that could strengthen teaching skills.
- Confers with members of educational committees and advisory groups to obtain knowledge of subject areas and to relate curriculum materials to specific subjects, individual student needs, and occupational areas.
- Researches, evaluates, and prepares recommendations on curricula, instructional methods, and materials for school systems.
- Conducts or participates in workshops, committees, and conferences designed to promote the intellectual, social, and physical welfare of students.
- Advises teaching and administrative staff in curriculum development, use of materials and equipment, and implementation of state and federal programs and procedures.
- Advises and teaches students.
- Organizes production and design of curriculum materials.
- Recommends, orders, or authorizes purchase of instructional materials, supplies, equipment, and visual aids designed to meet student educational needs and district standards.
- Interprets and enforces provisions of state education codes and rules and regulations of state education boards.