Accommodates hotel, motel, and resort patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room keys or cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts, making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
This career is part of the Hospitality & Tourism cluster Lodging pathway.
A person in this career:
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests of hotels or motels.
- Verifies customers' credit, and establishes how the customer will pay for the accommodation.
- Contacts housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
- Makes and confirms reservations.
- Issues room keys and escort instructions to bellhops.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts, manually or using computers.
- Performs bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting nightly audits.
- Posts charges, such as those for rooms, food, liquor, or telephone calls, to ledgers, manually or by using computers.
- Computes bills, collects payments, and makes change for guests.
- Reviews accounts and charges with guests during the check out process.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.