Assesses, treats, and cares for patients by manipulation of spine and musculoskeletal system. May provide spinal adjustment or address sacral or pelvic misalignment.
This career is part of the Health Science cluster Therapeutic Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Evaluates the functioning of the neuromuscularskeletal system and the spine using systems of chiropractic diagnosis.
- Performs a series of manual adjustments to the spine or other articulations of the body to correct the musculoskeletal system.
- Diagnoses health problems by reviewing patients' health and medical histories, questioning, observing, and examining patients and interpreting x-rays.
- Obtains and records patients' medical histories.
- Maintains accurate case histories of patients.
- Advises patients about recommended courses of treatment.
- Analyzes x-rays to locate the sources of patients' difficulties and to rule out fractures or diseases as sources of problems.
- Counsels patients about nutrition, exercise, sleeping habits, stress management, or other matters.
- Consults with or refers patients to appropriate health practitioners when necessary.
- Recommends and arranges for diagnostic procedures, such as blood chemistry tests, saliva tests, x-rays, or other imaging procedures.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.