Investigates or inspects government property to ensure compliance with contract agreements and government regulations.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster Regulation pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares correspondence, reports of inspections or investigations or recommendations for action.
- Examines records, reports, or other documents to establish facts or detect discrepancies.
- Monitors investigations of suspected offenders to ensure that they are conducted in accordance with constitutional requirements.
- Collects, identifies, evaluates, or preserves case evidence.
- Inspects manufactured or processed products to ensure compliance with contract specifications or legal requirements.
- Coordinates with or assist law enforcement agencies in matters of mutual concern.
- Testifies in court or at administrative proceedings concerning investigation findings.
- Investigates applications for special licenses or permits, as well as alleged license or permit violations.
- Recommends legal or administrative action to protect government property.
- Inspects government-owned equipment or materials in the possession of private contractors to ensure compliance with contracts or regulations or to prevent misuse.