Directs financial activities, such as planning, procurement, and investments for all or part of an organization.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Corporate Finance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Develops internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Coordinates and directs the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all or part of an organization.
- Maintains current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of accounting and other financial staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals.
- Receives cash and checks and makes deposits.
- Prepares and files annual tax returns or prepares financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Advises management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
- Prepares or directs preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with banking, insurance, and nonorganizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.