Helpful Hints for Applying
- Complete all required forms by the deadlines.
- Complete all questions accurately; plan to meet early
deadlines, if applicable.
- Don't wait until you are admitted to a college to file the
FAFSA. File the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1.
- Keep a photocopy of all documents for your records.
- Use your full legal name - no nicknames - on all
- The name on your application must match the name on your social
Josh Stacey, a student at Kansas State University, took out all
the subsidized loans he could - both Stafford and Perkins loans -
and his parents took out a PLUS loan so that he could afford to
attend his college in Salina, Kansas.
Stacey recommends applying early and making sure that all
necessary forms are filled out. His aid was delayed for half a
semester because he hadn't filled out a form stating that he was a
dependent of his parents.
"I didn't turn that in because I didn't know I needed to," he